When you search for a person in your organization's offline address book (OAB) in Microsoft Office 365, you can't find that person.
Step 1: Download the latest copy of the OABDownload the latest copy of the OAB. To do this, follow these steps:
- Do one of the following:
- If you have Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, on the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive, and then click Download Offline Address Book.
- If you have Microsoft Outlook 2010 or Microsoft Outlook 2013, on the Send/Receive tab, click Send/Receive Groups, and then click Download Address Book.
- In the Offline Address Book dialog box, click to clear the Download changes since last Send/Receive check box, and then click Full Details.
- Click OK.
- Start Outlook.
- Hold down the CTRL key, right-click the Outlook icon in the notification area, and then click Test E-mail AutoConfiguration.
- Make sure that the correct email address is in the E-mail Address box.
- Click to clear the Use Guessmart check box and the Secure Guessmart Authentication check box.
- On the Test E-mail AutoConfiguration page, click to select the Use AutoDiscover check box, and then click Test.
Step 2: Check whether the person exists in the Office 365 portalConfirm that the person has a user account that's active in the Office 365 portal. Also, confirm the person is licensed. To do this, follow these steps.
Note You have to be an Office 365 admin to complete this step.
- Sign in to the Office 365 portal (https://portal.office.com).
- Click Admin, and then do one of the following:
- If you are an Office 365 Enterprise or Office 365 Midsize Business customer, in the left navigation pane, click Users and groups.
- If you are an Office 365 Small Business customer, under Users, click Add users, manage contacts, and more.
- In the Search box, type the user name, and then press Enter to find that user.
- If the user is present, click the user's name and confirm that a license is assigned to the user. If the user isn't present, or if the user doesn't have an Exchange Online license, the user may not be set up in Exchange Online.
Step 3: Confirm that the person has an Exchange Online mailboxNote You have to be an Office 365 admin to complete this step.
Use the Exchange admin center to make sure that the Exchange Online mailbox wasn't removed.
- Open Exchange Admin Center. To do this, sign in to the Office 365 portal, click Admin, and then click Exchange.
- In the left navigation pane, click Recipients, and then click Mailboxes.
- Check whether the user is set up in Exchange Online.
- If the person who you're looking for isn't in your organization, select Contacts to locate the entry. If the entry was added in the last 24 hours, updates might not yet be replicated from the GAL to the OAB.
It can take 24 to 48 hours for the GAL to update the OAB. Check back after another 24 hours to see whether the OAB is updated.
This issue can occur for several reasons, including the following:
- The primary Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) address of the user was recently changed.
- You are viewing an outdated version of the OAB.
- You are searching for a user who is no longer active or who was removed.
Makale No: 2427141 - Son İnceleme: 16 Ara 2016 - Düzeltme: 1
Microsoft Exchange Online