This article describes the issue that is fixed in the Lync 2010 Group Chat Server update package that is dated April, 2011.
This article describes the following items about the update:
- The issues that the update fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update.
- Whether the update is replaced by any other update.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update contains.
Issues that this update fixesThis cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- 2499606 You cannot disable emoticons in chat rooms that are hosted on a Lync Server 2010, Group Chat server
- 2501069 The message time is incorrect in a Lync 2010 Group Chat client when a time skew exists between Lync Server 2010, Group Chat server and the Group Chat database
- 2501085 The messages time in a Group Chat client is still incorrect even if you correct the time on a Lync Server 2010, Group Chat server
- 2517722 Event ID 5377 is logged on a Lync Server 2010, Group Chat server
- 2517742 A principal is synchronized multiple times between a Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server and AD DS
Update package informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the MgcServer.msp package now.
Release Date: April 2011
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for installing this update.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Registry informationTo use one of the updates in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation information Install this update to Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server
- Make sure that the Lync Server 2010 Group Chat features are installed, configured and functioning correctly. Lync Server 2010 Group Chat server include Channel server, Lookup server and Compliance server.
- Stop the Channel service and stop the Lookup service that are currently running.
- Apply this update by running MgcServer.msp on all the computers that have the Group Chat server role installed.
- On the Group Chat server, open the Server Config Tool as follows:
Start menu: All Programs, Administrative Tools, Microsoft Lync Server 2010, Group Chat
File location: <driver letter>:\Program Files\Microsoft Lync Server 2010\Group Chat Server\ServerConfigTool.exe.
- Click Yes when you receive the following message, and the Server Config Tool upgrades the existing Group Chat database schema. Additionally, the Server Config Tool changes the server's configuration files to reflect these changes.
You must have read/write permission to the server's configuration files to complete this task.
Note You must shut down all Group Chat servers before you perform this upgrade.Restart the Channel service, the Lookup service and then restart the Compliance server.
- Restart the Channel service, the Lookup service and then restart the Compliance server.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Groupchatconsole.adm||Not Applicable||8,599||30-Mar-2011||07:40||Not Applicable|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Makale No: 2500447 - Son İnceleme: 2 Ağu 2011 - Düzeltme: 1