When you start Internet Explorer and try to go to your home page (on www.msn.com, for example), you may be redirected to www.msn.co.uk.
This behavior can occur if either of the following conditions exists:
- English (United Kingdom) [gb] is the only language selected in the Language Preference dialog box.
- English (United Kingdom) [gb] is a higher priority language than English (United States) [us] if both languages are listed in the Language Preference dialog box.
Change the default language to English (United States) [en-us]. You may need to add this language if it is not already selected. To do so:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
- Click Languages.
- Click Add, and then click English (United States) (en-us).
- Click OK.
- In the Language Preference dialog box, click the language whose priority you want to change.
- Click the Move Up button.
- Repeat step 2 until the language is at the top of the list.
- Click OK.
This behavior is by design. Internet Explorer includes an automatic language detection option. For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
202489 Global Language Auto-Detection Option Available in Internet Explorer
Makale No: 257594 - Son İnceleme: 19 Haz 2014 - Düzeltme: 1