You create a new email message in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for Mac or Outlook for Mac 2011, attach an .eml file that was created in Microsoft Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, or Apple Mail to the message. You then send the message, and the .eml attachment is not displayed correctly on the recipient's email client.
This issue occurs because Outlook for Mac does not encode the .eml attachment correctly.
To work around this issue, use a compression utility to add the .eml file to an archive. Then, attach the archive file to the Outlook for Mac email message, and send the message.
Note On Mac, you can use the Compress option on the File menu in Finder.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
The issue that is described in the "Symptoms" section occurs when you attach .eml files that were created in Microsoft Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail, or Apple Mail or that were generated by those programs.
Steps to reproduce the issue
- Save an Outlook Express email message as a .eml file.
- In Outlook for Mac, click the New Email button.
- Drag the .eml email message that you saved in step 1 into the body of the new email message.
- Type a subject and a recipient for the message, and then click Send.
- Take one of the following actions:
- In the Sent Items folder, locate and then open the email message that you sent step 4.
- Using an Outlook for Mac client that is connected to the recipient's mailbox, open the email message that you sent in step 4.
- Open the message that is attached to the email message.
Product Bug Number: MacBU MacSWAT:8011
Author ID (email alias): jmckinn; tasitae
Writer ID(email alias): jmckinn; tasitae
Tech Review ID (email alias): aruiz
Edit Review ID (email alias): v-anwaleConfirm Article has been Tech Reviewed: Yes
Confirm Article released for Publishing: Yes
Makale No: 2585960 - Son İnceleme: 10 Ağu 2015 - Düzeltme: 1