Because of the potential security risk that is introduced by the user's ability to change their account passwords over the Internet, the IISADMPWD virtual directory is not configured by default.
The "More Information" section of this article explains how to configure IIS 5.0 to allow this feature.
- In the Internet Services Manager Microsoft management Console (MMC), right-click the Default Web Site, click New, and then select Virtual Directory.
- When the Virtual Directory Creation Wizard starts, follow the instructions to create the virtual directory with the alias IISADMPWD. Make sure that the path points to the Winnt\System32\Inetsrv\Iisadmpwd directory, and that both Read and Execute permissions are selected.
- From a command prompt, switch to the Inetpub\Adminscripts directory.
- Type adsutil.vbs, and then press the ENTER key. If this is the first time that Adsutil.vbs has been run, you may get error messages stating that Cscript is not registered. Follow the prompts and choose Yes to register Cscript.
- Type adsutil.vbs set w3svc/1/PasswordChangeFlags [value].
w3svc/1 represents the Default Web Site and [value] can be set to one of the following options:0 - SSL connection required
1 - Password changing allowed on non-secure ports.
2 - Password changing disabled.
3 - Password changing disabled. (Undocumented)
4 - Advance notification of password expiration disabled.
Makale No: 269082 - Son İnceleme: 19 Haz 2014 - Düzeltme: 1