Consider the following scenario:
- You have an environment that has Update Rollup 4 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or a later update rollup that is earlier than Update Rollup 6 installed.
- You send an email message that contains an attached Open Office XML document (for example, a .pptx or .docx document) that is missing a file name extension.
This issue occurs because the incorrect file name extension causes a crash when the Exchange search engine indexes the email message.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\ExchangeServer\v14\ExSearch
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type NeverOverrideAttachmentExtension, and then press Enter.
- In the Details pane, right-click NeverOverrideAttachmentExtension, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the Msftefd.exe process, go to the following website:
2713339 Multi-Mailbox Search feature returns incorrect results when you perform a complex discovery search in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Makale No: 2776259 - Son İnceleme: 20 Şub 2013 - Düzeltme: 1