This article describes cumulative update package 16 (Build number: 10.00.5852.00) for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 3 (SP3) . This update contains hotfixes for issues that were fixed after the release of SQL Server 2008 SP3.
Click "Hotfix Download Available" at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If the "Hotfix Request" page does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the cumulative update package.
|VSTS bug number||KB article number||Description||Fix area|
|1972234||2926699||FIX: Operating system version information that is returned from SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012 is incorrect in Windows 8.1||SQL service|
|1988282||2927325||FIX: Thesaurus expansion for phrases returns unexpected results in SQL Server 2008||SQL service|
Installation and deployment
- We recommend that you test hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment.
- We recommend that you apply the most recent update release .
- This cumulative package is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing these specific problems.
- The most recent update release contains all the hotfixes and all the updates that were included with the previous SQL Server 2008 update release.
- We recommend that you upgrade your SQL Server to the latest SQL Server 2008 service pack .
Hybrid environments deployment
When you deploy the hotfixes to a hybrid environment (Such as AlwaysOn, replication, cluster, mirroring, and cluster), we recommend that you go and refer to the following articles before you deploy them:
- SQL Server failover cluster rolling update and service pack process.
Note If you do not want to use the rolling update process, follow these steps in order to apply a CU or SP:
- Install the service pack on the passive node.
- Install the service pack on the active node (This step requests servicerestart).
- Upgrade and update of availability group servers that use minimal downtime and data loss.
Note If you enabled AlwaysOn with SSISDB catalog for additional considerations about how to apply a CU or SP in these environments, go and see the article from the following MSDN blog:
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a transactional replication and database mirroring topology
- How to apply a hotfix for SQL Server in a replication topology
- How to install service packs and hotfixes on an instance of SQL Server that is configured to use database mirroring
- Overview of SQL Server Servicing Installation
PrerequisitesTo apply this cumulative update package, you must be running SQL Server 2008 SP3.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update package.
Registry informationTo use one of the hotfixes in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2008.
- The Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server to deliver hotfixes for reported problems.
- Naming schema for Microsoft SQL Server software update packages.
- Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates.
Makale No: 2936421 - Son İnceleme: 18 Mar 2014 - Düzeltme: 1