Note Because there are several versions of Microsoft Windows, the following steps may be different on your computer. If they are, see your product documentation to complete these steps.
Method 1: Reinstall Internet Explorer
Note Because there are many different versions of Internet Explorer designed for many different operating systems,use one of the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles ton help you determine the best approach for reinstalling your version of Internet Explorer:
Method 2: Extract the Hlink.dll File
- Save any open files, and then quit all programs that are running.
- Click Start, point to
Find, and then click Files or Folders.
- In the Named box, type
- In the Look in box, make sure that drive C is selected, and then click Find Now.
- If you find the Hlink.dll file, right-click the file, and then click Rename.
- Rename the file from Hlink.dll to Hlink.old.
- Insert the Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows XP CD in the CD Drive Or DVD Drive.
- Click Start, and then click
- To extract the Hlink.dll file file, in the Run dialog box, type the following command line where drive is the drive letter of the CD drive or DVD drive, and windows is the folder that contains the Windows operating system: expand drive:\i386 hlink.dl_ c:\windows\system32\hlink.dllClick
- Click Start again, and then click
- To register the Hlink.dll file manually on the 32-bit operating system, in the Run dialog box, type the following command line where windows is the folder that contains the Windows operating system:c:\windows\system32\regsvr32 /s c:\windows\system32\hlink.dllClick OK.
Makale No: 813726 - Son İnceleme: 30 Nis 2008 - Düzeltme: 1