Update informationThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the package now.
PrerequisitesNo prerequisites are required.
Restart requirementYou must restart your computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name
29-Apr-2004 01:24 6.0.3790.168 624,640 Wininet.dll
Installation instructionsAfter you apply this hotfix, you must create a new DWORD registry entry that is named DialupUseLanSettings and then set its value to 1 to correctly implement the fix. The entry's location in the registry depends on whether you want to use a per-computer setting or a per-user setting:
- To use a per-computer setting, create the entry in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive.
- To use a per-user setting, create the entry in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive.
NoteYou only have to create this entry in one location.
To create the entry, follow these steps.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Use One Of The Following Methods:
- To use a per-computer setting, locate and then click the following subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- To use a per-user setting, locate and then click the following subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
- To use a per-computer setting, locate and then click the following subkey:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DialupUseLanSettings, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click DialUseLanSettings, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor.
Makale No: 839571 - Son İnceleme: 16 Tem 2008 - Düzeltme: 1