MS16-107: Description of the security update for Office for Mac 2011 14.6.8: September 13, 2016
Note If you already have Office 2016 for Mac installed, and you do not want to receive Office for Mac 2011 updates, follow the steps in Uninstall Office 2011 for Mac to remove Office for Mac 2011.
For a complete list of affected versions of Microsoft Office software, see KB3185852. In addition to the application improvements that are mentioned in this article, Office for Mac 2011 is now available as a subscription offering. For more information about how to subscribe, see Frequently Asked Questions.
How to obtain and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
Updated filesFor a complete list of the files that this update adds or changes, double-click the update installer, and then click Show Files on the File menu.
- The Office for Mac 2011 14.6.8 update is also available from Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac. AutoUpdate is a program that automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date.
- To use AutoUpdate, start an Office for Mac program, and then click Check for Updates on the Help menu. For more information, see resources for Office for Mac 2011.
PrerequisitesBefore you install the Office for Mac 2011 14.6.8 update, make sure that you have Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 or a later version installed on your computer. Also, make sure that the computer is running Mac OS X 10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system.
To verify that the computer meets this prerequisite, click About This Mac on the Apple menu.
To verify that Office for Mac 2011 14.1.0 is installed on your computer, follow these steps:
- On the Go menu, click Applications.
- Open the Microsoft Office 2011 folder, and then start any Office application. (For example, start Microsoft Word).
- On the application menu, click About <application>.
- In the About <application> dialog box, notice the version number that is displayed. The number should be 14.1.0 or a later version.
Security update deployment informationFor deployment information about this update, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 3185852.
Update replacement informationThis security update replaces security update 3179162.
How to obtain help and support for this security update
Makale No: 3186805 - Son İnceleme: 09/13/2016 18:00:00 - Düzeltme: 1.0
- kbsurveynew kbfix kbbug kbexpertiseinter kbsecbulletin kbsecvulnerability atdownload kbsecurity KB3186805