MS16-107: Description of the security update for Office 2016 for Mac: September 13, 2016
This security update resolves vulnerabilities in Microsoft Office that could allow remote code execution if a user opens a specially crafted Office file. To learn more about these vulnerabilities, seeMicrosoft Security Bulletin MS16-107. Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac includes versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint that are designed for the Mac. The September 13, 2016, update provides fixes for issues in the Office 2016 for Mac Suite that affect Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- To install this update, you must be running OS X Yosemite 10.10 or a later version.
- If you already have Office for Mac 2011 installed, you can run Office for Mac 2011 and Office 2016 for Mac side-by-side. If you want to remove Office for Mac 2011, seeUninstall Office 2011 for Mac.
Improvements and fixesThis update provides the following fixes and improvements.
- You can switch to Focus mode on the View menu to remove distractions and concentrate better on your work. For Office 365 subscribers only.
- You supply the pictures, PowerPoint Designer supplies professional designs for your slides. For Office 365 subscribers only.
- You can choose a color to make guides stand out against the slide background. For Office 365 subscribers only.
How to obtain and install the update
Method 1: Microsoft AutoUpdate for Mac
This update is available from Microsoft AutoUpdate. AutoUpdate is provided together with Office. It automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date. To use AutoUpdate, start a Microsoft Office program, and then click Check for Updates on the Help menu.
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
This update is available for download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Download the Outlook package now
- Download the Word package now
- Download the Excel package now
- Download the PowerPoint package now
- Download the OneNote package now
119591 How to obtain Microsoft support files from online servicesMicrosoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
See Office 2016 for Mac upgrade to 64-bit for more information.
Security update deployment informationFor deployment information about this update, seeMicrosoft Knowledge Base article 3185852.
Update replacement informationThis security update replaces security update 3179163.
How to obtain help and support for this security update
Makale No: 3186807 - Son İnceleme: 09/13/2016 23:02:00 - Düzeltme: 3.0
Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac
- kbsurveynew kbfix kbnofix kbexpertiseinter kbsecbulletin kbsecvulnerability atdownload kbsecurity KB3186807