- You are using Microsoft Outlook 2010 and Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 or Microsoft Lync 2010.
- Outlook has the Display online status next to name option enabled.
- Outlook has the Show user photographs when available option enabled.
When you try to open an email message, you receive on of the following error messages:
Could not read the calendar. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action.
Method 1: Enable Office Presence LoggingTo have us enable Office Presence Logging for you, go to the "Here's an easy fix" section. If you prefer to enable Office Presence Logging yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Here's an easy fixTo enable Office Presence Logging automatically, click the Download button. In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in the easy fix wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you’re not on the computer that has the problem, save the easy fix solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfEasy fix 20162
- Exit Outlook.
- Start Registry Editor.
In Windows Vista or in Windows 7: Click Start , type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
In Windows XP: Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click
- Locate and then right-click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IM Providers
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type OfficePresenceLogging, and then press Enter.
- Right-click OfficePresenceLogging, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 2, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Method 2: Disable the Display online status next to name" option or the "Show user photographs when available" optionTo locate the Display online status next to name option and the Show user photographs when available option, follow these steps:
- In Outlook, click the File tab on the ribbon.
- Click Options.
- In the navigation pane of Outlook Options dialog box, click Contacts.
Did this fix the problem?Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
Ідентифікатор статті: 2732387 – останній перегляд: 3 бер. 2016 р. – виправлення: 1