Note Windows 8.1 introduces a feature that is called accidental activation prevention (AAP). AAP helps ensure that unintended taps while you type on an integrated touchpad are suppressed. When this feature is enabled, taps and clicks from an integrated touchpad or pointing stick are suppressed for a while after the last keystroke.
Suppressed clicks or "click lag" are visible symptoms when you play games or use applications that require simultaneous or low-latency interleaved input from both the keyboard and an integrated pointing device. When you use such applications or games, we recommend that you disable the AAP feature through PC Settings.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. Or, if you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.
- Tap or click PC and devices.
- Tap or click Mouse and touchpad.
- Under the To help prevent the cursor from accidentally moving while you type, change the delay before clicks work drop-down list, select No delay (always on).
To apply this setting for any new user who logs on to the system, follow these steps:
- In Control Panel, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
- Under Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Clear the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box.
- When you receive the warning messages about displaying protected operating system files, click Yes, click Apply, and then click OK.
- From the Start screen, type regedit.exe, and then click the Regedit.exe search result that is desplayed.
- When you are prompted with a User Account Control dialog box, click Yes.
- In Registry Editor, select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click File, and then click Load Hive.
- Navigate to the C:\User\Default directory (or equivalent), and then select the Ntuser.dat file.
- In the Key Name field, type NTUSER.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\NTUSER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PrecisionTouchPad.
- Double-click the Value Name AAPThreshold, type 0 for the Value Data, and then click OK.
Note The following are the available Touchpad UI options with the associated AAPThreshold values:
Touchpad UI Option AAP Threshhold Value No Delay (Always On) 0x00000000 (0) Short Delay 0x00000001 (1) Medium Delay 0x00000002 (2) Long Delay 0x00000003 (3)
- After changing this value, select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\NTUSER.
- Click File, and then click Unload Hive, and click Yes when you are prompted.
- Exit Registry Editor.
|Touchpad UI Option||Value Name|
|Enable swiping in from the left or right edge||EnableEdgy|
|Reverse scroll direction||ScrollDirection|
For more information about using a precision touchpad, go to the following Microsoft website:
Ідентифікатор статті: 2907018 – останній перегляд: 4 серп. 2014 р. – виправлення: 1