Features that are added in this update rollup
Enable Dynamic VLAN on the vNIC of a virtual machineWith Update Rollup 9 for Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2012 R2, you can now enable Dynamic VLANs on the vNICs of a virtual machine (VM). By enabling this parameter on the Logical Network, all the vNICs that are connected to the VM Network that is running on the said logical network can have custom VLANs that differ from the ones first assigned by VMM. A new PowerShell parameter, AllowDynamicVlanOnVnic, is introduced to enable Dynamic VLANs on VLAN based Logical Networks. The parameter can be set either when you create a new Logical Network or during modification of existing Logical Networks.
- Enabling Dynamic VLAN when you create a new Logical Network
New-SCLogicalNetwork –Name ‘Test Logical Network’ –LogicalNetworkDefinitionIsolation –AllowDynamicVlanOnVnic $true
- Enabling Dynamic VLAN for existing VLAN based Logical Network
$ln = Get-SClogicalNetwork –Name ‘Test Logical Network’
Set-SCLogicalNetwork –LogicalNetwork $ln –AllowDynamicVlanOnVnic $true
- Disabling Dynamic VLAN for existing VLAN based Logical Network
Set-SCLogicalNetwork –LogicalNetwork $ln –AllowDynamicVlanOnVnic $false
- By default, the –AllowDynamicVlanOnVnic parameter is set to False.
- This feature can be leveraged only with CISCO ACI in order to support micro segmentation.
Issues that are fixed in this update rollup
- After a disaster recovery is complete, you receive the following exception when you try perform a VM Refresh of the replica VM on the recovery cloud:System.OverflowException: Failed to convert parameter value from a UInt16 to a Int16.
- VMM guest agent on VMware guest virtual machines does not clean up the temporary files it creates in the C:\Windows\Temp folder. This eventually leads to clogging of drive C.
- Performance issues are seen during VM Live Migration in a Hyper-V Network Virtualization (HNV) environment.
- In an SCVMM-SCOM environment, the CPU Usage Forecast chart in the Host Group Forecasting report is missing, even though the data points for the host CPU are available. The chart instead appears when no data points are available (blank chart).
- When you add a stand-alone host to a cluster, VMM also adds the storage of the host to the cluster. There is no option available in VMM to exclude local storage while adding the node. Therefore, latency issues may occur in VMs, and they may fail to start.
- The VMM Gateway plug-in does not allocate a MAC Address when it allocates a Provider Address (PA) for gateway nodes. Therefore, Windows uses the MAC Address from the physical network adapter for PA MAC addresses, and this causes MAC address duplication. In turn, this may cause a loss of network connectivity, and then tenant VMs will no longer be able to use the gateway nodes. This issue is seen only when Virtual Machine Queue (VMQ) is enabled.
- The reinstallation of VMM Update Rollup 8 or a later update fails, and you receive the following error:time:InnerException.Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, InnerException.Message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tbl_WLC_ServiceTemplate'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tbl_WLC_ServiceTemplate'. The duplicate key value is (5fddb85c-4ae5-4c8b-be83-9b2961a316dd).
Note This issue is not fixed in Update Rollup 9, and you will have to use the following steps to successfully reinstall Update Rollup 8 or a later update:
- Uninstall the product with the Update Rollup 8 retained database.
- Run the PreR2ReInstall script on the retained database.
- Install the release version of System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager pointing to the retained database. The installation will go through but the VMM service might not start up.
- Install Update Rollup 8 and run the PostInstall script.
- Start the VMM service in case it did not start automatically.
For more details, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:3132774 How to retain the database when you reinstall Virtual Machine Manager
- When you add a new node to an HAVMM cluster and install Update Rollup 8 or later versions on the new node, you may receive the following exception:time:InnerException.Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, InnerException.Message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_tbl_WLC_ServiceTemplate'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.tbl_WLC_ServiceTemplate'. The duplicate key value is (5fddb85c-4ae5-4c8b-be83-9b2961a316dd).
Note This issue is not fixed by Update Rollup 9. To fix this exception, follow these steps:
- Add the second node to the cluster.
- Stop the SCVMM service on the node where VMM is installed.
- Run the PreR2ReInstall script on the database.
- Install the release version of System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager on the second node, pointing to the existing database.
- Install Update Rollup 8 on the second node, and then run the PostInstall script.
- Start the VMM service on the active node.
For more information, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:3132774 How to retain the database when you reinstall Virtual Machine Manager
- In an HNV environment, many duplicate Networking HNV policies are published, and this may cause high CPU usage during host refresh.
- When you try to add a storage array to VMM when the value of the MaximumReplicasPerSourceClone property is greater than 32767 (for example, HPE 3PAR StoreServ 20000 Storage Array), you receive the following exception:System.OverflowException: Failed to convert parameter value from a UInt16 to a Int16.
How to obtain and install Update Rollup 9 for System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
Download informationUpdate packages for Virtual Machine Manager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
Microsoft UpdateTo obtain and install an update package from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that has a Virtual Machine Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the update rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Manual download of the update packagesGo to the following websites to manually download the update packages from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
Files updated in this update rollup
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Ідентифікатор статті: 3129784 – останній перегляд: 13 лют. 2016 р. – виправлення: 1