Create a new test company or a new historical company
1. To open GP Utilities, click Start , point to All Programs , click on Microsoft Dynamics , click the ' GP ' version folder, and then click Utilities .
2. On the Additional Tasks page, click Create a Company in the list, and then click Process .
3. Type a new company identifier in the DB/Company ID box, type a company name in the Company Name box, and then click Next .
4. Complete the steps in the wizard to create the new company.
5. Click Launch Microsoft Dynamics GP .
6. Log on to Microsoft Dynamics GP.
7. Select the company that you want to label as a test company or as a historical company, and then sign in to that company.
8. Open the Company Setup Window. To do this, click Microsoft Dynamics GP , point to Tools , point to Setup , point to Company and click Company .
9. In the Company Name field, type the following after the company name:
For example, to label Contoso, Ltd as a test or historical company, type the following in the Company Name field:
• Contoso, Ltd<TEST>
• Contoso, Ltd<HISTORICAL>
10. Click OK to save your changes. You can now use the company for testing or historical data purposes.
Label an existing company as a test company or a historical company
Complete step 5 through step 9 in the previous section if you have an existing company that you want to change to a test company or a historical company. Complete step 5 through step 9 in the previous section if you have upgraded from an earlier version of Microsoft Dynamics GP, and you have existing test or historical companies.