To play Steam®VR games with your Windows Mixed Reality immersive headset, you’ll need to install Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR on your PC. Here's how.
Set up Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR
- Download and install SteamVR.
- When ready, start SteamVR. The SteamVR Tutorial should start automatically.
Play SteamVR games
- Connect your headset to your PC and turn on your motion controllers.
- Once the Windows Mixed Reality home has loaded and your controllers are visible, open the Steam app on your desktop.
- Use the Steam app to launch a SteamVR game from your Steam library.
To launch SteamVR games without taking off your headset, you can find and launch them under Windows Mixed Reality's Start > All Apps.
Looking for even more mixed reality experiences? See top apps and games for mixed reality
Using mixed reality motion controllers with SteamVR
You'll use your motion controllers differently in different games. Here are a few basics to help you get started:
- To open the Steam dashboard, press straight down on the left thumbstick.
- To exit a SteamVR game and return to the Windows Mixed Reality home, press the Windows button. And then select the Mixed Reality Home button that appears on screen.
If you lock your PC screen, remove your headset, or switch users, or if your PC goes to sleep, the Steam app will close.