Improvements and fixes
This non-security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of KB4487023 (released February 12, 2019) and also includes these new quality improvements as a preview of the next Monthly Rollup update:
- Updates time zone information for Chile.
- Adds support for the SignerSignEx2 API to allow Windows Server Update Services 3.0 SP2 to sign files using this API.
- Addresses an issue that can overwrite gan-nen support behavior for the Japanese era with a newer update. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Enables the 元年 character for the first year in the Japanese era. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Addresses an issue that fails to display the correct Japanese era name in Microsoft Office Visual Basic for Applications. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Addresses an issue that fails to recognize the first character as the abbreviation for the Japanese era name. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Addresses an issue that may cause virtual machines (VM) to fail to restore successfully if the VM has been saved and restored once before. The error message is, “Failed to restore the virtual machine state: Cannot restore this virtual machine because the saved state data cannot be read. Delete the saved state data and then try to start the virtual machine. (0xC0370027).” This affects AMD Bulldozer Family 15h, AMD Jaguar Family 16h, and AMD Puma Family 16h (second generation) microarchitectures.
- Addresses an issue that may cause applications that use a Microsoft Jet database with the Microsoft Access 95 file format to randomly stop working.
Known issues in this update
|After installing this update, the first character of the Japanese era name is not recognized as an abbreviation and may cause date parsing issues.|| |
This issue is resolved in KB4489880.
Any compound document (OLE) server application that places embedded objects into the Windows Metafile (WMF) using the PatBlt API may display embedded objects incorrectly.For example, if you paste a Microsoft Excel worksheet object into a Microsoft Word document, the cells may render with a different background color.
|This issue is resolved in KB4493471.|
How to get this update
This is provided as an Optional update on Windows Update. For more information about how to run Windows Update, see How to get an update through Windows Update. To get the stand-alone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for update 4487022.