- The issues that the update rollup fixes
- How to obtain the update rollup
- The prerequisites to install the update rollup
Issues that the update rollup fixes
Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 fixes the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- 2028967 Event ID 3022 is logged and you still cannot replicate a public folder from one Exchange Server 2010 server to another
- 2251610 The email address of a user is updated unexpectedly after you run the Update-Recipient cmdlet on an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 978292 An IMAP4 client cannot send an email message that has a large attachment in a mixed Exchange Server 2010 and Exchange Server 2003 environment
To download and to install Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1, visit the following Microsoft Update website: Note Microsoft Update does not detect Update rollups on Exchange Server 2010 Mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG).
You may want to deploy Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 to multiple computers that are running Exchange Server 2010 SP1. Or, you may want to deploy Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 to Mailbox servers that are part of a database availability group (DAG). The update rollup is also available from the Microsoft Download Center.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Important information for customers installing the update on computers not connected to the Internet
When you install the update rollup on a computer that is not connected to the Internet, you may experience long installation times. Additionally, you may receive the following message:
This behavior is caused by network requests that connect to the http://crl.microsoft.com/pki/crl/products/CodeSigPCA.crl website. The network requests look up the certificate revocation list for each assembly that native image generation (NGen) compiles to native code. However, the Exchange Server is not connected to the Internet. Therefore, each request must wait to time-out before it moves on.
To resolve this problem, disable “Check for publisher’s certificate revocation” on the server that you are upgrading.
1. In Internet Explorer, select Tools , select Internet Options , and then click the Advanced Tab.
2. In the Security section, clear the Check for publisher's certificate revocation check box.
3. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.
We recommend that you clear this security option in Internet Explorer if the computer was in a tightly controlled environment. When setup is complete, recheck the Check for publisher’s certificate revocation check box.
Important information for Outlook Web App users about Outlook Web App customization
When you apply an update rollup package, the update process will copy over the Outlook Web App files if they are required. If you have changed the Logon.aspx file or other Outlook Web App files, the customizations are overwritten to make sure that Outlook Web App is updated correctly. After you apply the update rollup package, you must re-create Outlook Web App customization in Logon.aspx.
We recommend that you always make a backup copy of any customized Outlook Web App files before you apply the update rollup. For more information about Outlook Web App customization details, visit the following Microsoft website:
For more information about CAS-CAS proxying, visit the following Microsoft Website:
The following list contains prerequisites for the Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 RTM:
- Install Exchange Server 2010 SP1 on the computer before you apply this update rollup.
- Remove all interim updates for Exchange Server 2010 SP1 before you apply this update rollup.
The required services are automatically stopped and then restarted when you apply this update rollup.
To remove Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 SP1, use Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel. Then, remove update 2407028.
For more information about terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
ID Bài viết: 2407028 - Xem lại Lần cuối: 28-12-2010 - Bản sửa đổi: 1