Note You must remove Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 or Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2 before you install Lync 2010. Otherwise, Communicator will be removed during the Lync 2010 installation process.
Scenario 1: Lync 2010 isn't installed or doesn't startTo resolve this issue, you must remove and then reinstall Lync 2010. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Programs and Features or Add or Remove Programs, select Microsoft Lync 2010, and then click Uninstall.
- Restart the computer.
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Close all other instant message (IM) clients, such as Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and AOL Instant Messenger.
- Reinstall Lync 2010.
Scenario 2: "Cannot open the program because Microsoft Lync 2010 is already running on your Windows user account" error messageTo resolve this issue, close all running instances of Lync 2010. If other users on the same computer are logged on to Lync, those users must log off and exit Lync. This is because only one instance of Lync can be running at a time.
Lync 2010 setup loggingLogging can be used to collect more information about Lync 2010 issues. The two kinds of log files that can help with installation issues are as follows:
- Lync setup logs. These logs record Windows Installer errors that occur during setup.
- Windows Installer (MSI) log files
Note After you enable logging, you should reverse your changes or use the Microsoft Fix it that's included in these articles to disable logging.
After you try to install Lync, you should collect the log files from the following locations and then contact technical support:
- %temp%: Collect logs that begin with "MSI" and end with ".log." The file names are random. However, the newest logs should correspond to your most recent installation attempt.
- %userprofile%\tracing: Collect the following files:
Note The file name for this file may change.
ID Bài viết: 2437044 - Xem lại Lần cuối: 14-07-2014 - Bản sửa đổi: 1