After you install the on-premises version of Exchange Server 2016 and you add the CGI module of Internet Information Services (IIS) during the installation, users cannot connect to their mailboxes when they use the MAPI over HTTP protocol.
This issue occurs because the CGI module is locked. This causes MAPI over HTTP endpoints not to initialize.
To work around this issue, follow these steps:
- Locate the Web.config file. By default, this file is located in the following folders:
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\ClientAccess\mapi\nspi
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\ClientAccess\mapi\emsmdb
- Open the file in a text editor such as Notepad.exe.
- Delete the following lines in the file:
- <remove name="CgiModule" />
- <remove name="FastCgiModule" />
- Save and close the file.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
文章 ID：3164346 - 上次审阅时间：2017年2月14日 - 修订版本： 1
Exchange Server 2016 Enterprise Edition, Exchange Server 2016 Standard Edition