Description of Visual Studio 2013 Update 1
Microsoft released Visual Studio 2013 Update 1 on January 20, 2014. The Visual Studio 2013 Update 1 includes the latest updates, including feature additions and bug fixes.
More information about Visual Studio product updates is also available on the Visual Studio website.
Visual Studio 2013 updates are cumulative releases. The following download link always points you to the latest update:
How to obtain Visual Studio 2013 Update 1
Download the latest Visual Studio 2013 update package now
You can also view the full list of Visual Studio 2013 Updates.
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
For installation guidance for Visual Studio products, see:
How to install Visual Studio 2013 Update 1
How to install Visual Studio
How to obtain Release Management for Visual Studio 2013
Important The Visual Studio update is an update that installs on top of existing client products (such as Professional, Premium, Ultimate, or Express for Windows) that are already installed on the computer.
The Release Management update is a full layout that includes the latest feature additions and bug fixes for "Release Management for Visual Studio 2013." Before you try to apply the Release Management update, make sure that you have a full backup of your current databases.
Because Release Management for Visual Studio 2013 Update 1 is go-live, the following upgrade paths apply.
- Release Management for Visual Studio 2013 to Release Management for Visual Studio 2013 Update 1
- Release Management for Visual Studio 2013 Update 1 to Release Management for Visual Studio 2013
New technology improvements and fixed issues in Visual Studio 2013 Update 1
Note Unless otherwise indicated, linked items will take you to Microsoft Connect webpages.
Team Foundation Server
Team Foundation Server
- You cannot change the process parameters in the Queue Build dialog box in Visual Studio 2013.
Directed Graph Markup Language
- The Debug Managed Memory feature doesn't work on computers that have Windows Internet Explorer 9 installed.
- Non-ENU Visual Studio crashes when the Legend in a DGML document is updated by disabling or deleting any item in the legend list.
- Graphics assets that are referenced by a graphics mesh are not deployed correctly.
- When you capture a frame on a Windows 7 computer that does not have KB2670838 installed, you may receive the following error message:The Graphics Diagnostics engine couldn't create a debug device, most likely because the matching Windows SDK for this version of Windows is not installed. Please install the matching SDK and try again.
- Microsoft ASP.NET Web Frameworks and Tools (version 5.0.11213.0)
- This release includes a new version of this product that adds editing support for ASP.NET MVC 5.1 on top of all existing functionality from the Web Framework and Tools 5.0 release.
- Nuget 2.7.2
- This update will include Nuget 2.7.2. This release of Nuget will fix the scenario in which certain packages will fail when running package restore, update or uninstall. Release notes on additional features and bug fixes in Nuget 2.7.2 can be found here.
- SignalR 2.0.1
- This release includes updated SignalR item templates which now target the SignalR version 2.0.1: MS13-103
- 807935: Customers may experience a hang in Visual Studio 2013 when entering CTRL + Break to cancel a build that contains a Web Project.
- 800003: Provide customers the ability to unselect the property, "Apply server settings to all users (store in project file)" from Project Properties->Web
- 793989: Allow customers to specify custom server Base URL (Project Properties->Start Options->Use custom server (Base URL))
- Projects may appear to have the SSL Enabled or SSL URL property set in Project Properties. However, these settings are not stored in the project file. Therefore, the SSL Enabled or SSL URL property is not actually enabled in the project.
- When you edit a dialog box that contains at least one picture control in Resource Editor, and then you save the file, you can no longer compile the project.
- When you edit multiple resources in Resource Editor, Visual Studio crashes randomly.
- Automatic formatting issues sometimes occur in Visual C++.
- Visual C++ IDE does not work as expected if there is an unexpected registry subkey under the following registry key:
- When you try to link with PGO on amd64_x86 complier, Visual Studio crashes.
- IntelliTrace Viewer doesn't support Internet Explorer 9.
Visual Studio test
- "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error message when an external user tries to save any intrinsic entity data from an Office 365-based cloud business application.
- Load test
- Visual Studio freezes when you try to run a load test in the cloud by using Visual Studio Online for the first time when there is no active connection to a Visual Studio Online account from your Team Explorer.
- You cannot run load tests beyond 250 virtual users if you activated Visual Studio Ultimate by using an MSDN subscription.
- When you activate Visual Studio by signing in to your Visual Studio online account by using your MSDN subscription id, you cannot run remote load tests, load tests together with a loadtest plugin or a virtual user load more than 250.
- Load testing in Cloud with Visual Studio Online is broken on a computer that has Internet Explorer 9 installed. The Load Test Manager and Load Test Results windows do not render correctly in Internet Explorer 9.
- When there are multiple Visual Studio Online Accounts connected to in Visual Studio and none of them are active, one of the accounts is picked to communicate with the Load Testing in Cloud with Visual Studio Online, which results in a broken experience.
- After you run a cloud-based load test by using Visual Studio Online, the "Download Result" operation fails for the first time. Additionally, you receive the following error message:There was an error while importing the result file. Details: The system cannot find the file specified. After correcting the problem open the results from Load Test Manager.
- There are stability issues in the XAML designers in Visual Studio and Blend in a variety of scenarios for all XAML platforms (such as Windows Store, Windows Phone, Silverlight, WPF).
- There’s an issue that concerns the packaging of Windows Store applications. Specifically, both XBF and XAML are bundled in a Windows Store AppX package when referencing Extension SDKs.
Release Management for Visual Studio 2013
- Allow controls compiled for Windows 8 to display in the Toolbox for Windows 8.1 projects.
- "Page not found" error message when you click "View Request" in a Release Management for Visual Studio 2013 approval notification
- Deployment fails when you use the HTTPS protocol in Release Management
- Approval Requests cannot be seen or acted upon when a user is running Windows Internet Explorer 8.
For the known issues after you apply this update, go to the following knowledge base article:
2955817 The April 2014 release of the Windows SDK is incompatible with Visual Studio 2013 RTM or Update 1 version for graphics debugging
How to download Microsoft support files
Updates for other products in the Visual Studio family can be found on the Microsoft download site for Visual Studio.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart your computer after you install this package.
Supported languagesVisual Studio 2013 Update 1 provides updates for the following versions:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Supported operating systemsFor more information about supported operating systems, go to the following Microsoft website:
- 32-bit (x86)
- 64-bit (x64) (WOW)
- 1.6 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) of RAM (1.5 GB if you are running in a virtual machine)
- 1 GB of available hard disk space
- 5,400 RPM hard disk drive
- DirectX 9-capable video card that is running at 1024 × 768 or higher resolution
Software requirementsTo apply this update, you must have one of the supported Visual Studio 2013 programs that are listed in the "Applies to" section installed.
Support for Visual Studio 2013 Update 1Informal community support for Visual Studio 2013 Update 1 is available through the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.
文章 ID：2911573 - 上次审阅时间：12/04/2014 16:52:00 - 修订版本： 12.0
Release Management Client for Visual Studio 2013, Release Management for Visual Studio 2013, Release Management Server for Team Foundation Server 2013, Microsoft Visual Studio Ultimate 2013, Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013, Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2013, Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web, Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows, Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop
- atdownload kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB2911573