When you try to add a domain to Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure, or Microsoft Intune as an administrator, you experience one of the following symptoms:
- In the Office 365 portal, you receive one of the following error messages:
- Number of unverified domains exceeded.
Your account has too many unverified domains. Verify or delete one of your unverified domains, and then add the new domain.
- Before you continue, you’ll need to verify or delete one of your unverified domains. Then you can add and verify a new domain.
- In Azure Active Directory PowerShell, you receive the following error message: Before you continue, you’ll need to verify or delete one of your unverified domains. Then you can add and verify a new domain.
- In the Azure Management portal (also known as the Azure classic portal), you cannot add a new domain. You don't receive an error message when this happens.
- In the Azure Management portal (also known as the Azure classic portal), you receive the following error message:Registering domain failed
To resolve this problem, use one of the following methods:
- If you have several unverified domains, remove them. Or, verify some of your unverified domains. Currently, the limit for unverified domains is 100.
- If you receive the "Registering domain failed" error message, no action is required by you because the domain already exists.
This problem may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- The maximum number of unverified domains has been reached.
- The domain already exists within the Office 365 subscription.