- In Group Policy Management Editor, you expand the following items:
- User Configuration
- Control Panel Settings
- Internet Settings
- Under Internet Settings, you create an Internet 10 Group Policy item.
- You click the Security tab to make settings for that tab.
Typically, a green or red mark indicates whether the settings are enabled or disabled. This functionality is missing for the slider and check box features of the Security tab.
Note This workaround assumes that the following conditions are true:
- You have converted your server into a domain controller.
- You have created a Group Policy item for Internet Explorer 10.
- The settings for Internet Explorer 10 include settings for the Security tab.
Step 1: For the security level sliderTo work around this issue specifically for the security level slider, disable all items in the zone settings dialog box. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the Custom level button.
Note The settings dialog box for the zone opens.
- Click anywhere in the list.
- Press F8 to disable all settings.
- Click OK.
Note The F5, F6, F7, and F8 keys work as described in the following Group Policy Blog article: Red / Green: GP Preferences doesn’t work even though the policy applied and after gpupdate \force.
Step 2: For the Enable Protected Mode check boxTo work around this issue specifically for the Enable Protected Mode check box, follow these steps:
- In the Group Policy Management Editor, drag the Internet Explorer 10 item from under Internet Settings to the desktop.
Note A copy of the Internet Explorer 10 item should appear on the desktop as an .xml file.
- Use a text editor, such as Notepad, to modify the .xml file to disable the Enable Protected Mode check box. To do this, add disabled="1" to every XML tag that includes the following value: name=”2500”
- Copy the modified .xml file to Group Policy Management Editor to replace the original Internet Explorer 10 item.
- Test the change. To do this, verify that the Enable Protected Mode setting does not appear in the HTML report of Group Policy Management.
文章識別碼：2733083 - 最後檢閱時間：2012年7月7日 - 修訂： 1