EUM is the termination point for a telephone call that is routed through telephony and Lync components. Problems with the telephony component, with the Lync server, or with EUM can cause similar symptoms. These problems sometimes make issue resolution difficult when the endpoint is not functioning and EUM therefore seems to be the cause of the problems. EUM server issues typically affect multiple persons or multiple dial plans at the same time.
Lync voice functionality and core EUM functionality
Core Lync voice functionality
- Store and receive calls
- Calls can be made from a telephone by using the Lync client or the contacts list in Microsoft Outlook.
- Basic call features
- When you are on a call, you can answer incoming calls or start outgoing calls by putting calls on hold or transferring calls to another extension or device.
- Integration with the Lync client
- Add text, video, or desktop sharing when you are talking with another Lync user.
- Advanced calling features
- These features include delegation, team calling, and response groups.
Core EUM functionality
- Call answering
- This functionality displays a personal greeting, records a message, and routes messages or missed-call notifications to a mailbox.
- Outlook voice access
- This functionality provides accessibility to Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox contents. This includes voice mail messages, the Exchange inbox and calendar, and contacts from a telephony interface.
- Organizational auto attendant
- This feature presents automated responses and call-tree functionality to callers.
- Call-answering rules (personal auto attendant)
- This feature lets you configure call-answering rules to forward a call to another telephony endpoint, based on user-defined criteria.
- Self-service administration of select features from Outlook Web App (OWA)
- The features include call-answering rules, PIN reset, greetings, Outlook voice access, voice mail preview, and notifications.
- Outgoing call dialing rules
- The rules are managed by administrators on the EUM mailbox policy.
|Product||Lync installation||Escalation path|
|Lync Enterprise Voice||Lync Online||Online submission - Lync Online topic|
|Lync Enterprise Voice||Lync on-premises||Customer Lync team|
|Exchange Unified Messaging||Lync Online||Online submission - Lync Online topic|
|Exchange Unified Messaging||Lync on-premises||Online submission - Exchange Online topic|
文章識別碼：2748747 - 最後檢閱時間：2016年11月17日 - 修訂： 1