Be aware that the update on the Microsoft Download Center applies to the Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
- After you insert large metafile images into a document in Visio 2016, the images may appear blurred, especially after you zoom in them. This update provides an optimization to improve rasterization and image resampling processes for you to see the metafiles in an appropriate resolution.
Note See the Registry information section for more information.
- You may experience performance issues for workbooks that contain lots of shapes and graphics in Excel 2016. For example, scrolling may be slow and editing may freeze.
- After you save a presentation as a video in PowerPoint 2016, the speaker icon is still displayed in the video even if the Hide During Show option is enabled.
- After you copy and paste highlighted text from Word 2016 to a presentation in PowerPoint 2016, the highlighted text is displayed incorrectly.
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB3115266 for 32-bit version of Office 2016
- Download update KB3115266 for 64-bit version of Office 2016
Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you change the registry incorrectly. Before you change it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
After you install this update, you can follow these steps to control the metafiles optimization:
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Start Registry Editor:
- In Windows 10, go to Start, enter regedit in the Search Windows box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, if you're using a mouse, move it to the upper-right corner, go to Search, enter regedit in the search text box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 7, go to Start, enter regedit in the Search programs and files text box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Visio\Application
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then select DWORD Value.
- Enter DisableMetafileSubRectOptimization, and then press the Enter key.
- In the Details pane, press and hold (or right-click) DisableMetafileSubRectOptimization, and then select Modify.
- In the Value data box, enter a value, and then select OK.
Note If you set the value as 0 that's the default value, graphics rasterize the smallest portion of a metafile that it needs to display. If you set the value as a nonzero value, this optimization is disabled and the whole metafile is rasterized.
- Exit Registry Editor.
PrerequisiteTo apply this update, you must have Microsoft Office 2016 installed.
Restart informationYou may have to restart the computer after you install this update.
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
文章識別碼：3115266 - 最後檢閱時間：2017年1月20日 - 修訂： 3