Consider the following scenario:
- You are running Microsoft Outlook in Online Mode in an Exchange Server or Office 365 environment.
- The Preferred encoding for outgoing messagesoption in Outlook is set to KOI8-R (the default encoding setting for the Russian version of Outlook).
- You create a message that contains some Russian characters, and then you save it as draft.
This issue occurs because the Exchange server does not update the character set in the PR_BODY_HTML property when the server changes the character set in the PR_INTERNET_CPID property. Therefore, the message body is garbled when Outlook tries to display it.
Configure the Outlook client to use UTF-8 for the Preferred encoding for outgoing messages option. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Outlook, select File>Option>Advanced.
- In the International options section, set the Preferred encoding for outgoing messages option to UTF-8.
文章識別碼：3140296 - 最後檢閱時間：2016年2月25日 - 修訂： 1