You install Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0. When you view the System log after Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 is successfully installed, you see the following event ID error message logged one or more times:Note In this event ID error message, eventID is a placeholder for event ID 10016 or event ID 10017.
This issue occurs if the domain user account that you specified as the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 service account does not have the Local Activation permission to the IIS Wamreg Admin Service. The event ID error messages 10016 or 10017 that are mentioned in the "Symptoms" section do not affect the functionality of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
You can safely ignore the event ID error messages 10017 or 10016 that are logged in the System log. If you want to prevent the event ID error messages from being logged in the System log, use the Component Services snap-in to enable the Local Activation permission to the IIS Wamreg Admin Service for the domain user account that you specified as the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 service account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type dcomcnfg in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Expand Component Services, expand Computers, expand My Computer, and then click DCOM Config.
- Right-click IIS WAMREG admin Service, and then click Properties.
- Click the Security tab.
- Under Launch and Activation Permissions, click Edit.
- In the Launch Permission dialog box, click Add.
- In the Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog box, change the location to the local server. Then, type the local security group WSS_WPG, click Check Names, and then click OK.
- In the Permissions for UserName list, click to select the Allow check box that is next to Local Activation, and then click OK two times.
文章識別碼：920783 - 最後檢閱時間：2014年6月20日 - 修訂： 1