Items that are deleted from a shared mailbox go to the wrong folder in Outlook
To Switch the Destination of Deleted ItemsImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To have us switch the destination for deleted items for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to switch the destination for deleted items yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To switch the destination for deleted items automatically, click the Fix it button or link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.
- The Fix it solutions will not work if DelegateWasteBasketStyle has been applied by using a group policy.
- Please make sure that the delegate user has at least Author level permission rights to the Deleted Items folder of the owner's mailbox when you run the second Fix it solution.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfTo change the registry setting, follow these steps:
- In Outlook 2002, Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, or Outlook 2010 click Exit on the File menu.
In Outlook 2000, click Exit and Log Off on the File menu.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate the registry key below that is appropriate for your version of Outlook.
- For Outlook 2010HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Options\General
- For Outlook 2007HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\General
- For Outlook 2003HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\General
- For Outlook 2002:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Options\General
- For Outlook 2000:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Options\General
- For Outlook 2010
- Right-click the DelegateWastebasketStyle value, and then click Modify.
If the key is not present, use the following steps to create it:
- Right-click the General folder in the path defined in step 4 in the "To Switch the Destination of Deleted Items" section earlier in this article.
- Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DelegateWastebasketStyle, and then press ENTER.
- Change the value data in the Edit DWORD Value dialog box to one of the following values:
The item could not be deleted, it was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied.orOperation Failed.
- 8 = Stores deleted items in your folder.
- 4 = Stores deleted items in the mailbox owner's folder.
Note In Outlook 2007 or in Outlook 2010, the user receives one of the following two error message if DelegateWastebasketStyle=4, and the delegate does not have at least Author permission to the Deleted Items folder in the owner's mailbox.Some items cannot be deleted. They were either moved or already deleted, or access was denied.
orCould not complete the deletion. The items may have been already deleted or moved.
- Quit Registry Editor.
- Restart Outlook.
Determine if DelegateWasteBasketStyle has been applied using a group policyIf the above registry value has no effect, an administrator may have applied the setting using a group policy. Group policy registry values override those that are configured in the user settings section of the registry.
Office user settings are located in the following registry key path:
Office group policy setting are located in the following registry key path:
|Office Version||Version number|
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email.
文章識別碼：202517 - 最後檢閱時間：11/03/2015 14:14:00 - 修訂： 3.0
- kbinfo kbfixme kbmsifixme KB202517