- You create a mailbox for Microsoft Outlook 2010 by using the primary Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) address in Microsoft Exchange Server.
- You create an Outlook profile for the mailbox, and then you set an Out of Office (OOF) message.
- You remove the OOF message, and then you change the primary SMTP address in Exchange Server.
- You open the profile that you created in Outlook 2010, and then you try to set an OOF message.
Note In some cases, you have to either restart Outlook 2010 or restart the system before Outlook 2010 detects the new SMTP address.
Registry key informationImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Here's an easy fixTo enable the hotfix automatically, click the Download button. In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in the easy fix wizard.
- Install hotfix that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2598374 before you run this easy fix solution.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you’re not on the computer that has the problem, save the easy fix solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfEasy fix 50916
Follow these steps to enable the hotfix:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
- Type Cached Mode, and then press ENTER.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Cached Mode
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Type OnlineABForNewPrimarySMTP, and then press ENTER.
- In the Details pane, right-click OnlineABForNewPrimarySMTP, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
Artikelnummer: 2598369 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 25.09.2015 – Revision: 1