Note Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Microsoft AC power cord recall for original Surface Pro, Surface Pro 2, and certain Surface Pro 3 devices.
Get details and answers to common questions about the Microsoft Surface Pro AC power cord recall. Learn how to order a free replacement part if your Surface Pro power cord is affected.
Order a replacement power cord
If your Surface Pro power cord is affected by the recall, the fastest way to get a replacement is to order online. Go to AC Power Cord, sign in with your Microsoft account, and then follow the steps to complete the process.
If you have any issues while ordering online, give us a call.
Surface for business
Surface for Business customers who are placing bulk orders should contact us. There will be no charges for replacement AC cords for your eligible Surface devices.
- Microsoft will provide one AC power cord replacement free of charge for each eligible Surface Pro device that you own.
- No proof of damage is required to receive a replacement AC power cord.
- If you have more than one Surface Pro device, you’ll need to submit a replacement order for each one.
Parts eligible for replacement
This recall applies to:
- AC power cords for original Microsoft Surface Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro 2, and Microsoft Surface Pro 3 devices sold before March 15, 2015.
This recall DOES NOT apply to:
- AC power cords for Microsoft Surface RT, Microsoft Surface 2, Microsoft Surface 3, Microsoft Surface Pro 3 devices sold after March 15, 2015, Microsoft Surface Pro 4, and Microsoft Surface Book.
- Power supplies with DC power cord for all devices.
- AC power cords and power supplies for the docking stations for original Microsoft Surface Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro 2, Microsoft Surface Pro 3, and Microsoft Surface 3.
|AC power cord |
The removable cord that connects the power supply to an electrical outlet.
|Power supply |
The power “brick” with a permanently attached DC cord that plugs into the charging port on Surface plus the removable AC power cord.
AC power cord
Frequently asked questions