Be aware that the update in the Microsoft Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2013. It does not apply to the Office 2013 Click-to-Run editions, such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?).
Fixes the following issues:
- Assume that you reply to or forward an email message by using inline replies. When you send or discard the reply, the BeforeFormRegionShow method does not work for the given email message.
- Assume that you configure Outlook 2013 to connect to your mailbox that is hosted on an Exchange server. Then you add a shared mailbox that is hosted on a different version of Exchange server. In this situation, when you search items in the shared mailbox, no search result is returned.
- Assume that you open a signed email message where the sender's cert does not contain the sender's name. You cannot add the sender to the Outlook Contacts, for example, by right-clicking the sender's email address, and then clicking Add to Outlook Contacts. Additionally, you may receive the following error message: Note To fix this issue, you must also set a SupressNameChecks registry key.The e-mail address in the certificate is not found in the contact's e-mail list. Do you want to continue to add this certificate into this contact?
- Assume that you send an email message that contains a Rights Management Services (RMS) protected Office 2013 document in Outlook 2013. When the recipient views the RMS-protected attachment in the preview pane, the last changed date of the attached file is displayed incorrectly.
- Assume that you install the July 2014 cumulative update for Outlook 2013. When you try to forward a non-delivery report (NDR) in Outlook 2013, the body of the resulting message is displayed as Chinese characters.
- Assume that many users connect to a shared mailbox that is hosted on an Exchange server by using online mode. When they send email messages, duplicate messages may be sent intermittently.
- Assume that you create an HTML message in Outlook 2013, and then you save it as an .oft file. You open the .oft file and make some changes to the body of the message. You save the message as a draft and then close it. In this situation, the changes to the body are not saved as expected. This issue occurs when Outlook uses an online mode profile.
- Assume that you configure Outlook 2013 to connect to your mailbox by using the MAPI over HTTP protocol. Then you add a shared mailbox that is connected by using remote procedure call RPC over HTTP. In this situation, you may see many AutoDiscover requests. This causes the connections to take longer than expected.
- Assume that you configure an IMAP email account in Outlook 2013, and then you move or copy an email message that contains an attachment to another folder. In this situation, the attachment icon is missing from the Attachment field even though the attachment is visible when you open the message, and the size of the email message is reported as zero in the UI.
- You cannot open a meeting in a resource mailbox by using a delegate account. Additionally, you may receive the following error message: Note In this error message, <User A> represents the owner of the resource mailbox.You do not have permission to view this calendar...Do you want to ask User A to share his or her Calendar with you?
- Assume that you configure Outlook 2013 to connect to your mailbox by using the MAPI over HTTP protocol. In this situation, you cannot open the shared calendars that are shared by the other users.
- When you search items in the current mailbox for an IMAP email account in Outlook 2013, you just receive the "Searching..." message, but no search result is returned.
- You cannot open a folder that is shared by another user in the Click-to-Run edition of Outlook 2013.
Download CenterThis update is only available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB2910923 for 32-bit version of Outlook 2013
- Download update KB2910923 for 64-bit version of Outlook 2013
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you install this update.
PrerequisitesTo install this hotfix package, you must have Outlook 2013 installed.
- Start Outlook 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- For Office 2013 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item is not displayed.
|Office 2013 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2013|
Article ID: 2910923 - Last Review: 29 Mar 2017 - Revision: 2