Be aware that the update in Download Center applies to Microsoft Installer (.msi)-based edition of Office 2016. It doesn't apply to the Office 2016 Click-to-Run editions such as Microsoft Office 365 Home. (How to determine?)
Improvements and fixes
Fixes the following issues:
- Outlook module navigation buttons aren't displayed in touch mode in Outlook 2016 in high contrast themes.
- When you start Outlook 2016 that has configured multiple Exchange accounts, Outlook 2016 may crash shortly.
- When you create a folder in the Inbox folder in Outlook 2016, the folder isn't replicated to the server, and it's only displayed locally.
- Email message in the search result isn't displayed in the reading pane if the Use Classic Indented view option is selected in Outlook 2016. This issue only affects accounts that are hosted by Office 365 or Exchange of version 15.1 or later versions.
- Outlook 2016 requests Out of Office information from Exchange servers in Outlook 2016 if network and server processing delays.
- Migrates the weather service from being provided by the Office RLID service to the Office configuration service for Office 2016 applications.
How to download and install the update
Microsoft UpdateUse Microsoft Update to automatically download and install the update.
Download CenterThis update is also available for manual download and installation from the Microsoft Download Center.
- Download update KB2910976 for 32-bit version of Outlook 2016
- Download update KB2910976 for 64-bit version of Outlook 2016
- Open an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|