Improvements and fixes
This security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of update KB4015554 (released April 18, 2017), and also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:
- Addressed issue in which, after you install security update 4015551, applications that use msado15.dll stop working.
- Addressed issue in which, after you install KB3187754, clients can no longer access a file server when using SMB1 and NTLM authentication under certain conditions. No credentials dialog box appears, and the user receives an “A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated” error message.
- Security updates to Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows COM, Windows Server, Windows Kernel, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Windows DNS.
For more information about the security vulnerabilities resolved, please refer to the Security Update Guide.
Known issues in this update
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
How to get this update
- The security fixes that are listed in this Security Monthly Quality Rollup KB4019216 are also included in the May 2017 Security-Only Quality Update KB4019214, except for the security fixes for Internet Explorer. Those are instead included in the Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer KB4018271. Installing either this May 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup or both the May 2017 Security-Only Quality Update and the Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer will install the security fixes that are listed here. This Security Monthly Quality Rollup also includes improvements and fixes from previous monthly rollups.
- If you use update management processes other than Windows Update, and you automatically approve all security update classifications for deployment, May 2017 Security Monthly Quality Rollup KB4019216, May 2017 Security-Only Quality Update KB4019214, and the Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer KB4018271 will be deployed. We recommend that you review your update deployment rules to make sure that the desired updates are deployed.