Note Some products might not be available in your country or region.
Some products might not be available in your country or region.
If your Surface Mouse or Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse isn’t working, doesn’t appear in the list of Bluetooth devices when you pair the mouse, or you see an error message during pairing, here are some things to try.
How do I know which mouse I have?
Surface Mouse comes with Surface Studio and looks like this:
Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse is sold separately and looks like this:
- Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse is also called Microsoft Arc Mouse.
- To use Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse, your PC needs to be running Windows 10 and have Bluetooth 4.0 or later.
Make sure your mouse is paired with your PC.
- On Surface Mouse or Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse, press and hold the pairing button until the light blinks to make it discoverable. (The pairing button is on the bottom of the mouse.)
- On your PC, select the Start button, then select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- Make sure Bluetooth is on, then select Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth. Choose Surface Mouse or Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse in the list of devices. Follow any other instructions if they appear, then select Done.
Still not working? Here’s what to do.
- Make sure your PC is compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 (LE). If you have a Surface Pro 3 or newer, your PC is compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 (LE). If you have another type of PC, check the manufacturer’s website.
- See if the mouse has power. Press the pairing button on the bottom of Surface Mouse. If the light blinks, the mouse has power. On Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse, arch the mouse and see if the light on the touchpad comes on. If not, check or replace the batteries.
- Turn airplane mode on and off. To learn how, see Turn airplane mode on or off . Leave it on for 10-15 seconds, then turn it off again.
- Turn off other Bluetooth devices connected to your PC. Then see if your mouse works – having too many Bluetooth devices connected at one time can interfere with your PC’s connection to the mouse.
- Remove your mouse from your PC and pair it again. See Remove a Bluetooth device for more info. You’ll need to look for Surface Mouse or Microsoft Arc Mouse in the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Check or replace the batteries. Turn your mouse over and push on the bottom of the battery compartment to open it. Make sure that the two AAA batteries are positioned correctly inside the mouse, and then see if your mouse works. If not, try replacing the batteries with new ones.
- See if your mouse works with another PC. If it does, there might be a problem with your PC.
- Check for updates. Learn how.
The LED light on my mouse is flashing red
This means that the batteries in your Surface Mouse or Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse are low and need to be replaced.
The cursor is slow or isn’t working correctly
- Close all your open apps. Then see if the cursor improves. If it does, the number of open apps might have been interfering with your PC’s connection to the mouse.
- Restart your PC. This will refresh the drivers.
- Change the cursor settings. Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Devices > Mouse > Additional mouse options > Pointer Options and adjust the pointer speed.
The pairing light flashes three times, then turns off
This means that your mouse is already paired to another PC that’s within range.
To fix this, go to the PC that your mouse is paired with, and remove it from that PC. For info about how to remove the pairing, see Remove a Bluetooth device . You’ll need to look for Surface Mouse or Microsoft Arc Mouse in the list of Bluetooth devices.
Then, go back to the PC you want to use your mouse with and pair it again.
Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse won’t turn on
Flatten it and re-arch it again. Then see if the light on the touchpad comes on. If that doesn’t work, check or replace the batteries.
Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse doesn’t do what I want it to
You can change Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse settings like left and right click, scrolling resolution, and middle click using the Mouse and Keyboard Center.
If you have Windows 10 S, Mouse and Keyboard Center isn’t available. But you can select the Start button, and then select Settings > Devices > Mouse to change some Microsoft Surface Arc Mouse settings.
If none of these options work, contact us.