When you start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, Microsoft Outlook 2010, or Microsoft Outlook 2013, you see the following error:
This information service is not installed on your computer.
You or your administrator installed Microsoft Office or Microsoft Outlook without the Microsoft Exchange Server provider.
To resolve this issue, you or your administrator should make sure that the Microsoft Exchange Server component is installed. To make sure that the correct component is installed, follow these steps:
- In Windows, search for and start Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Microsoft Office and then click Change.
- Use the Add or Remove Features option.
- Navigate to Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Messaging Components, Outlook Mapi Service Providers, and make sure that the Microsoft Exchange Server component is set to Run from my computer.
- Click Continue to complete setup.