When you agree to help make the Photos app better, we’ll collect data from your photos and videos to help us find and fix problems with the app and make improvements to other Microsoft products and services. To get this data, we may collect and process the photo and video content on this device that appears in the Photos app.
How it works
We combine data from multiple customers and apply machine learning to it, which allows us to provide you with improved features and experiences through our Photos app and other Microsoft products and services. Here are a few examples:
- To improve the auto-tagging and face recognition models, we may collect items that you update by removing tags when searching for people or things in the app.
- To improve the automated movie feature, we may collect a video and the trim points that you’ve trimmed.
- To improve our single-click image enhancement, we may collect an image you’ve edited.
When you share your photos and videos with Microsoft, we’ll keep them private, and we won’t share them with third parties. We will also remove any of your personal identifiers associated with your photos and videos we collect from you, and we will automatically delete them within 6 months.
How to change the setting for Help make the Photos app better
- Open the Photos app.
- Select See more … in the upper-right corner of the app, and then select Settings.
- Change the setting for Help make the Photos app better by turning it on or off.