When you try to add a Bluetooth printer to a computer that
is running Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) or to a Tablet PC that is running Window XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, you may experience the following behavior:
- The Add Printer Wizard starts, but it does not detect the Bluetooth
- When the Add Printer Wizard does not detect the printer,
the Bluetooth Control Panel item starts. You see that the
printer device is installed.
- When you restart the computer, the Found New Hardware
wizard starts, and then it prompts you to install the drivers for the Bluetooth
Windows XP SP2 features and components are included in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005.
This problem occurs if you previously installed a
Bluetooth printer in the Bluetooth
Control Panel item, and then
you deleted the Bluetooth printer from Printers and Faxes. When you do this,
the printer drivers are removed, but the Bluetooth printer is
in the Bluetooth
Control Panel item.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run,
type bthprops.cpl, and then click OK.
- Click the Devices tab.
- Click the Bluetooth printer entry.
- Click Remove, click
Apply, and then click OK.
To add a Bluetooth printer to Printers and Faxes, follow these
- Click Start, and then click
Printers and Faxes.
- Click Add a printer.
- Click Next.
- Click A Bluetooth printer.
- Click Next, and then follow the steps to install the printer driver.
- Click Finish.
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 870701 - Last Review: June 20, 2014 - Revision: 5.0
|kbmaintenance kbhardware kbdriver kb3rdparty kbperformance kbconfig kbprinters kbnofix kbbug KB870701|