Article ID: 142079 - View products that this article applies to.
This article was previously published under Q142079
Microsoft Project allows you to format individual Gantt Chart bars. However, these custom changes are not displayed in the print legend.
If you want the legend to display a sample for your customized Gantt Chart bar, you must create custom bar styles.
To create custom bar styles, click the Gantt bar or click Bar on the Format tab.
To create a custom bar that will appear in the printed output in Microsoft Project 2010 or later, do the following:
1. Format the Gantt bar by clicking it (or click Bar from the Format drop-down on the Format tab).
2. On the Format tab, click Format and then click Bar Styles .
3. Scroll to the next available empty row in the grid portion of the dialog box.
NOTE : You can only define 200 bar definitions.
4. Enter a name to describe your custom bar formatting.
5. Set the bar appearance to resemble the style you chose for your custom bar format in step one.
6. In the Show For … Tasks field, enter Normal, Summary , and click OK .
To create a custom bar in Microsoft Project 2007 and earlier versions that will appear in the printed output, do the following:
Article ID: 142079 - Last Review: March 25, 2013 - Revision: 8.0