This article describes how to obtain the setup updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. This article also describes how to manually deploy the setup updates.
When you install Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, or when you upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, you can check for setup updates. If you select the option to check for setup updates, the application downloads any new setup updates and applies them to the installation while the setup process is running.
If the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server has an Internet connection, you can select Get updates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM
during the installation. If there are any setup updates available, the updates are downloaded and applied to the installation.
If the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server does not have an Internet connection, or you want to manually deploy the setup updates, follow these steps:
Issues that are fixed in the setupupdates for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011.
- Obtain the setup updates by visiting the following Microsoft website:
Setup Update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011
All previously released Setup Updates have now been included in the slip-streamed server installation which also includes all updates and hotfixes through Update Rollup 6. There are currently no other Setup Updates available. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011
To verify the version number corresponds with the installation of Update Rollup 6, right-click on the SetupServer.exe and then click Details
to ensure the build number is 5.0.9690.1992.
- Click Add to add the update to the basket.
- Click view basket in the upper-right section of the page.
- Click Download.
- Select the download location, and then click Continue.
- The Microsoft Update catalog will create a folder that uses the name of the download, and then it copies a .cab file into the folder. In this case, a Setup Update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011 folder is created. Open the .cab file to view the .msp file(s). The .cab file will contain all 25 languages that Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011 supports.
- Extract the .msp file to the location of your choice.
- Create a Config.xml file for the setup process.
Below is an example of a Config.xml file. Please refer to the Implementation Guide for information on the other xml elements that can be added. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh367371.aspx
<Patch update="true"> The path to your .msp file (For example: c:\temp\ Server_KB2434455_amd64_1033.msp)</Patch>
- Run the Setup file in the configuration folder.
A hotfix is intended to resolve only the problem that is discussed in an associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article (KB). For more information about a specific hotfix, and for more information that may be required if you did not install the setup update, see the following KB articles.
These updates are not hotfixes that have to be applied after Microsoft Dynamics CRM is installed. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server 2011
- When you install Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server that points to a website that has an HTTPS binding present, the setup process incorrectly sets the binding type to HTTP. Therefore, Help cannot load on any deployment where the website has HTTPS.
- Server setup should only set HelpServerUrl when Help Server is installed, separately from Web Application.
- The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server upgrade fails because a deletion service fails to clean up all deleted records.
- The Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server upgrade does not upgrade indexes in the MSCRM_CONFIG database.
- Upgrading from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 for non-English base languages result in a "Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'MetadataSchema.LocalizedLabel'" error.
- Imported organizations think there is an update available when there is none.
All fixes listed above are now included in the current Setup bits.
Article ID: 2434455 - Last Review: January 23, 2014 - Revision: 7.0
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
|kbqfe kbfix kbmbsmigrate kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew atdownload KB2434455|