If Office 2010 hangs at step 4 of the install and you see this error "There was a problem setting up Microsoft Office," click the Fix it button to modify your registry, and then re-run Office 2010 setup to solve the problem. Fix it didn't run?
Follow these manual steps that are the same as those in the Fix it.
Steps for Windows 7 or Windows Vista
Steps for Windows XP
If modifying the registry didn't work, you can try this workaround
if you purchased Office Home and Student 2010 or Home and Business 2010 online.
First, let's remove the Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 entry in the list of installed programs on your computer.
- Click Start (or Start > Run in Windows XP).
- Type appwiz.cpl, and then press Enter.
- Select Microsoft Office Click-to-Run 2010 from the list.
- Click Uninstall (or Remove in Windows XP), and then click Yes.
Next, download Office 2010 using your Windows Live ID.
- Access your account online
Important Please login with the Windows Live ID you used when you bought Office 2010.
- Click My Account on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Find the Office 2010 version you bought, and then click Download
- Now, click Advanced Options under the Download Now button
- Choose 32-bit or 64-bit to download Office 2010
- Run the installation once the file has been downloaded.
Article ID: 2445957 - Last Review: October 21, 2012 - Revision: 21.0
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010
|kbmsifixme kbfixme kbcip KB2445957|