Consider the following scenario:
- ou use the New-MailboxImportRequest command to import a .pst file to a mailbox in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) environment.
- An item in the .pst file has a string that contains invalid XML characters.
In this scenario, the Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service crashes. Additionally, the following event is logged on the Client Access server:
Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchange Common
Event ID: 4999
Task Category: General
Watson report about to be sent for process id: <process ID>, with parameters: E12, <build type>, <version number>, MSExchangeMailboxReplication, M.Exchange.PST, M.E.P.Attachment..ctor, System.NullReferenceException, c16e, <version number>. ErrorReportingEnabled: False
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about the New-MailboxImportRequest
command, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2458005 - Last Review: December 14, 2010 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1, when used with:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard
|kbqfe kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbhotfixrollup KB2458005|