Consider the following scenario:
- User01, user02, and user03 are Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 users.
- User02 creates a rule so that any received email message from user01 is forwarded to user03.
- User01 sends an email message to user02. The email message contains Japanese (1 byte Kana) characters either in the body, in the display name, or in the file name of an attachment.
In this scenario, the email message is delivered to user02. However, it is not forwarded to user03. Additionally, the EdgeTransport.exe
process crashes, and the following event is logged in the Application log:
Log Name: Application
Source: MSExchange Common
Event ID: 4999
Task Category: General
Watson report about to be sent for process id: <Process ID>, with parameters: E12, <Build Type>, <Version Number>, edgetransport, M.E.Data.Common, M.E.D.G.OutboundCodePageDetector.GetCodePageCoverage, System.ArgumentException, 650f, <Version Number>.
This issue occurs because a System.ArgumentException
exception occurs when the GetCodePageCoverage
method is called.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2479227 - Last Review: April 6, 2011 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1, when used with:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard
|kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixrollup KB2479227|