Consider the following scenario in a mixed Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and Exchange Server 2007 environment:
- You have a resource mailbox that is located on an Exchange Server 2007 server.
- Public folder replication occurs between the Exchange Server 2007 server and an Exchange Server 2010.
- A user sends a meeting request to the resource mailbox by using Outlook Web App (OWA).
In this scenario, the user cannot view the free/busy information of the resource mailbox and the free/busy information of other Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 user by using Outlook 2003. Additionally, the following event is logged in the Application log on the Exchange Server 2007 server:
Log Name: Application
Event ID: 8207
Task Category: General
Description:Error updating public folder with free/busy information on machine <computer name>. The error number is 0x80040102.
This issue occurs because the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service (Mad.exe) cannot publish or update free/busy information to an Exchange Server 2010 public folder.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2492082 - Last Review: February 13, 2012 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 1, when used with:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard
|kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbfix KB2492082|