Windows 7 gadgets may stop working or might not be displayed correctly. For example, gadgets may be displayed in the following ways:
- Gadgets may be displayed as black squares.
- Gadgets may be displayed that have vertical green lines down the center, or gadgets may not be displayed at all.
- Gadgets may have blue exclamation marks next to them.
- The Calendar gadget may be displayed as an orange background that does not have dates.
This issue may occur if the following conditions are true:
- System Restore was performed.
For more information about System Restore, visit the following Microsoft website:
- User Account Control (UAC) is turned on.
For more information about how to enable the UAC, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Guided Help: Adjust User Account Control settings in Windows 7
- The scannow command finds missing or corrupted system files.
For more information about the scannow command, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7
For more information about gadgets, see the following Microsoft websites:
Article ID: 2515657 - Last Review: May 1, 2013 - Revision: 8.0
- Windows 7 Starter
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows Internet Explorer 9
|kbfixme kbmsifixme kbcip KB2515657|