Consider the following scenario:
- You configure two Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 servers as SharePoint query servers in a farm.
- You create a Search service application on a SharePoint server.
- One of the two SharePoint query servers is shut down.
- You run the SearchServiceApplication.Pause() command in a SharePoint PowerShell window.
In this scenario, the command does not return True
. Instead, the SharePoint PowerShell window stops responding.
To resolve this issue, apply the following hotfix updates:
Description of the SharePoint Foundation 2010 hotfix package (sts-x-none.msp): June 30, 2011
Description of the SharePoint Server 2010 hotfix package (osrchwfe-x-none.msp): June 28, 2011
has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed
in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 2553056 - Last Review: July 27, 2011 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
|kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner KB2553056|