This article lists the known issues and behavior changes that you may experience when you install Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010, Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010, and Office server products.
The following are issues that you may experience when you install these service packs:
Office 2010 SP2
SharePoint Server 2010 SP2
- When you install Office 2010 SP2 on a computer that has Windows Server 2003 SP2 installed, you receive the following error message:
To resolve this issue, you have to install the following update first before you install Office 2010 SP2:
The installation of this package failed
FIX: Error message when you try to install a large Windows Installer package or a large Windows Installer patch package in Windows Server 2003 or in Windows XP: "Error 1718. File was rejected by digital signature policy"
- After you upgrade the SharePoint Web Front End (WFE) from Windows Server 2008 (R2) to Windows Server 2012, certain SharePoint Designer-customized views that have custom XSL templates may be broken. Moreover, the update can compromise server responsiveness. To resolve this issue, you can install the SharePoint Server update from June 2013 or a later version Cumulative Update (CU) after you upgrade the operating system.
Article ID: 2687520 - Last Review: July 23, 2013 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Microsoft Office Standard 2010
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional Academic 2010
|kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kberrmsg KB2687520|