This article describes the issues that are fixed in Cumulative Update 1 (CU1) for Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.Note
This update is replaced by update 2780664. For more information about update 2780664, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Cumulative Update 2 for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
Issues that are fixed
- When a new distribution point is added to a package that contains more than 100 existing distribution points, the new distribution point cannot be added, and you receive the following error message in the Administrator Console:
The SMS Provider reported an error.
When you click Details in the error message, a "Quota Violation" message is displayed that is followed by the details of the stack trace.
- The link to the online privacy statement for the Customer Experience Improvement Program in the Administrator Console is fixed.
- If a Deployment Type is added or changed before Distribution Manager processes an earlier change, the content may not be sent to a child site.
- The prestaged content file for a Deployment Type is not created for remote Distribution Points when there are multiple Deployment Types for the same application. For more information about prestaged content, go to the following Microsoft TechNet website:
- Volume license editions of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 may be duplicated in the Asset Intelligence Installed_Software_data hardware inventory class.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack (SP1) is not listed in the Asset Intelligence License 01D - Microsoft License Ledger Products on a Specific Computer report.
- The pre-provisioned Asset Intelligence Synchronization Point certificate is updated with a new expiration date.
Out of Band Management
- Replication Link Analyzer incorrectly detects a syscommittab system table issue and suggests reinitialization if the SQL Errorlog contains the following string:
- A primary device cannot be selected for user-based pre-deployment if the device does not have the Configuration Manager client installed.
- A Reporting Services Point may not be installed or start if the SQL Reporting Service does not start within one minute. The srssp.log file may contain entries that resemble the following entry:
Starting service 'ReportServer'
Time out has expired and the operation has not been completed.
- The SMS Executive service may stop unexpectedly if the Exchange Connector PowerShell cmdlet fails. The EasDisc.log file may contain entries that resemble the following entry:
ERROR: [MANAGED] Cmdlet failed: Starting a command on remote server failed with the following error message: The WinRM client cannot complete the operation within the time specified. Check if the machine name is valid and is reachable over the network and firewall exception for Windows Remote Management service is enabled. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
- The Site System Status Summarizer component may cause the SMS Executive service to stop unexpectedly if the site server fully qualified domain name
(FQDN) is more than 50 characters, and the default installation path is used. The relevant entries from the Exception Information section of the crash.log files contain the following entry:
Thread name = SMS_SITE_SYSTEM_STATUS_SUMMARIZER
Executable = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\x64\smsexec.exe
Exception = eeeeffff (EXCEPTION_SMS_FATAL_ERROR)
Update of the Administrator Console
When the Administrator Console is first installed, a copy of the Adminconsole.msi file is cached in the %Temp% folder of the user who initiated the installation. If that MSI file is missing, the Configmgr2012adminui-rtm-kb2717295-i386.msp update file may not be applied. When this update is distributed by using Software Distribution, the installation may fail, and an exit code of 1603 is logged in the excecmgr.log file.
To resolve this issue, reinstall the original release of the Administrator Console by using Consolesetup.exe, then apply this update.
For more information about how to install this cumulative update, go to the following Microsoft TechNet websites:
Article ID: 2717295 - Last Review: December 14, 2012 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
|kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbbug KB2717295|