You add a new user and assign the user a Microsoft Exchange Online license in Microsoft Office 365. However, after the user signs in to the Office 365 portal, the Outlook, Calendar, or People links are unavailable (appear dimmed) for that user.
To resolve this issue, check whether the user has an Exchange Online license or a mailbox in the on-premises environment.
- If the user doesn't have an Exchange Online license, the links won't be available until the user has an Exchange Online license.
- If the user has a mailbox in the on-premises environment, an Exchange Online mailbox won't be set up for the user. This means that the links won't be available.
- If the Office 365 organization was recently set up and the links for all users who have an Exchange Online license are still unavailable after 24 hours, contact Office 365 Support for help.
- If the user has an Exchange Online license, the user must sign out of the Office 365 portal and then sign in again. It can take 15 minutes for the link to become available after a user is assigned an Exchange Online license. If the links for that user are still unavailable after 15 minutes, contact Office 365 Support for help.
This issue may occur if one of the following is true:
- The Exchange Online organization is still being set up in Office 365. It can take 24 hours for the organization to be set up in Office 365.
- The user's Exchange Online mailbox is still being set up in Office 365. It can take 15 minutes for a new user's mailbox to be set up in Office 365.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community
Article ID: 2730143 - Last Review: July 9, 2014 - Revision: 8.0
- Microsoft Exchange Online
|o365 o365e o365p o365a o365022013 o365m KB2730143|