Consider the following scenario:
- You have two Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 farms (farm A and farm B).
- The User Profile Service Application (UPA) and the Enterprise Metadata Management (EEM) Service Application are published in farm A.
- Farm B is a consuming farm that can use the published applications.
- Each farm has more than one Web Front End (WFE) server.
- A user from farm B clicks the Followed Sites or Followed Documents button on the user’s personal site.
In this scenario, the user receives the following error message:
We’ve hit a snag. You don’t seem to have access to complete this action or access this page.
To resolve this issue, install the following update:
Description of the SharePoint Server 2013 hotfix package (Coreserver-x-none.msp): October 8, 2013
To work around this issue, disable or uninstall the Following Content
feature. Or, disable the "follow people" and "tags" features. To do this, use one of the following methods.
We recommend that you uninstall the Following Content feature so that users cannot use the feature in the whole farm.
Method 1: Disable the Following Content feature for each site
- Open the Site Settings page.
- In the Site Actions section, click the Manage Site Features button.
- Scroll down the page, and then disable the Following Content feature.
After you disable these feature, documents that a user already follows are still displayed on the user’s personal site.
Method 2: Uninstall the Following Content feature on the farm
On the host server, open Microsoft SharePoint 2013 Management Shell. Then, run the Get-spfeature FollowingContent | Uninstall-SPFeature -Force
Method 3: Disable the "follow people" and "tags" features on the farm
- Open the Central Administration page.
- In the Application Management" section, click the Manage service applications button.
- Scroll down the Service Applications page, and then click the User Profile Service Application button.
- On the User Profile Service Application page, click the Manage User Permissions button in the People" section.
- In the Permissions dialog box, select the user or group for which you want to change permissions. Then, clear the Follow People and Edit Profile check box.
- Click OK.
- Run the iisreset command to reset Internet Information Services (IIS) on the host server.
- Only farm administrators can see the "follow people" and "tags" controls.
- If you do not run the iisreset command, users must log off the farm and then log on the farm again for the changes to take effect.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to share service applications across farms in SharePoint 2013, go to the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2826001 - Last Review: December 11, 2013 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
|kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbbug kbfix KB2826001|