Consider the following scenario:
- You have an environment that Update Rollup 4 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or a later update or version of Exchange Server 2010 coexists with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- You try to replicate Public Folder contents from Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010.
In this scenario, some Public Folder contents are not replicated from Exchange Server 2003 or Exchange Server 2007 to Exchange Server 2010. Additionally, the following event is logged in the Application log:
Log Name: ApplicationNotes
Source: MSExchange Store Driver
Date: Date and Time
Event ID: 1020
Task Category: MSExchangeStoreDriver
The store driver couldn't deliver the public folder replication message "Backfill Request (SMTP Address)" because the following error occurred: Property: [0x3ff00102] , PropertyErrorCode: UnknownError, PropertyErrorDescription: 0x80040107.
- When this issue occurs, Exchange Server 2010 users do not see the same Public Folder contents as Exchange Server 2003 users or Exchange Server 2007 users.
- Content replication between Exchange Server 2010 servers is not affected.
This issue occurs because the 0x3ff00102 property does not successfully pass a certain validation that is performed by Public Folder backfill requests.
To resolve this issue, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP3
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about a similar issue that is fixed in Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
The "Open Message In Conflict" button is not available in the conflict notification message in Exchange Server 2010
For more information about Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2
Article ID: 2855083 - Last Review: August 13, 2013 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3, when used with:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard
|kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB2855083|